- Ever pulled over on a DUI charge? Yes, this is happening, but you can beat the system with the help of a criminal defense attorney.
- Drinking under the influence charges requires fast action on your part, so it will not suspend your license. The first thing you need to do is, of course, to hire a lawyer so you can be immediately released from prison.
- In some cases, this does not happen because you are released on your own recognizance. However, some will require you to post bail which your lawyer can arrange.
- Once released, it is now time to talk this issue. In some states, a DUI charge rates elsewhere two distinct cases. The first is filed with the department of motor vehicles while the other is a criminal court case. Often, when tackled with this problem, you may have to face charges thesis within days as from the date of the judgment.
- Just like any other criminal case, this starts with your accusation. You can be inquired to go into a plea of guilty or not guilty. Chances are, your criminal defense lawyer will tell you to plead not guilty to charges thesis. This can give you a moment in time to evaluate the facts of the case so your justification will be established.
- There are many strategies available that your lawyer can use you to get out of a DUI and have proven to be successful.
- It is possible to argue faulty or unreliable BAC results. The BAC stands for blood alcohol test which is used to check if the alcohol level in a person has reached the upper limit that makes him or her unsafe to drive a vehicle.
- The results could be faulty if your lawyer can prove that the test check was not properly made, the device used was not maintained properly or you have a medical condition that may have an impact on the reliability of the test.
- Another method is to hit the reliability of the arresting officer. If your lawyer is bootable to question the police officer and prove there are inconsistencies in their testimony compared with the police report filed they, you just might have a chance of getting a not guilty verdict.
- But if proceedings are not working in your favor, then your lawyer can advise you to agree to a good plea agreement. This can get you reduced charges or punishment concessions with the district attorney.
- If you do not want to negotiate and decide to gamble in court and lose, then you can try to appeal the court’s decision. If you do not, there will likely be increasements in your insurance price, restrictions on employment selection and you will now have a lasting record. You can also go through Seattle DUI Attorney
- Hiring a lawyer for criminal defense is the only way to get out of a DUI charge. After all, there are circumstances all that you can argue so that your name will not be included in the criminal database system.
Leyba Defense PLLC
3326 160th Ave SE Ste 215,
Bellevue, WA 98008